Complaint for Visitation

If you and your spouse are divorcing in Maryland and you want visitation time with your children, you may be able to get a court order that acknowledges your visitation rights.  Visitation addresses the non-custodial parent's rights to spend time with the child.  In other words, getting a court order acknowledging your visitation rights will establish a schedule that specifically details how and when you will spend time with your child(ren).  

To get an order for such visitation rights, you must be asking for visitation only (not custody), and there must not be an existing court order governing your visitation rights.  If you wish to file for visitation rights in Maryland, you can use Form CC-DR 5, available here.  The instructions provided by the Maryland Courts for filling out that form are available here.

If you would like to get a court order acknowledging your visitation rights but are not able to complete the forms yourself, or would like to speak with an attorney about whether you should seek such an order, Civil Justice's Limited Scope Project may be a good fit for you.  When an attorney agrees to provide you with limited scope representation, it means that the attorney will do certain things for you but will not take on all of the responsibility for your case.  Civil Justice has a group of private Maryland attorneys who can provide limited scope assistance with seeking visitation rights by helping to draft the complaint, which gets the process started and sets you off on the right track, without needing to charge you for representing you all the way through the litigation.  The cost of preparing a complaint for visitation is generally between $200.00 and $500.00.  If you are interested in these services, please fill out our online intake form here, or call us at 410 706-0174.   


© 2019 Civil Justice, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

Privacy Statement